Sunday, April 13, 2014

Wishing You A Lovely Day

Hi, I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.  The weather here in Viriginia has been lovely this weekend!  Close to 80 degrees and sunny!  I feel like we went from winter straight to summer.  I am hoping we get some more spring like weather this week.

I am sharing another of the cards that we made in my card class this month.  I like to play around and experiment with different products and see what happens.  I picked up some sparkle texture by Martha Stewart at Michael's the other week and wanted to see what I could do with it.  I first colored a white piece of cardstock using some distress ink with my ink blending tool.  Then I used a pretty damask stencil by Donna Downey and rubbed some of the sparkle texture through it.  It is very thick and grainy, but it looks lovely.  I scraped off the excess and removed the stencil.  The bird and branch is a punch by Stampin' Up.  I colored my pieces using distress ink and then rubbed on some sparkle textued using my fingers.  The sentiment if from Papertrey Ink and the frame stamp is by Fiskars.  I popped the bird and the sentiment frame up.


I sponged on some vintage photo ink over the raised areas to give it a vintage feel.  I am really happy with how this came out and I will be on the look out for more fun supplies to use on my cards.  The sparkle texture can be found in the Martha Stewart paint section in Michaels.

Hope you all have a great week!!

TTFN

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment