Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Gratitude

Happy Hump Day!  Brrrr!  It is freezing here today.  We were supposed to have a big snow storm come through yesterday, so they closed the schools, the federal government and lots of other places.  Well, we really didn't get very much at all.  Maybe 2 inches, but the temperatures have been bitterly cold so it is not melting and all the side streets are very icy.  Schools were closed again today and they have already closed them for tomorrow too!  YIKES!

So, I have had lots of time to play in my crap room and have made quite a few cards that I hope to share with you all over the next several days.

The one I am sharing today is a pretty little simple card.  I was playing around with a stencil from Simon Says Stamp and some embossing paste.  After I applied the embossing paste and while the stencil was still in place, I spritzed some Heidi Swapp color shine (seafoam) over it.  I then removed the stencil and dried it with my heat gun.  I die cut a butterfly from my beautiful butterflies die set by Papertrey Ink and then embossed it with an embossing folder from Lifestyle Crafts.  The sentiment is from the Beautiful Butterflies stamp set.  I love this color combo and the dimension of the embossing paste and also the dry embossing on the butterfly.


Well, that is it for me today.  I hope to be able to post another card or two tomorrow!  Stay warm.

TTFN

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment