Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Product of the week

I have a simple little butterfly card today.  It is my turn for product of the week at Scrapdoodles and I am focusing on distress inks and the ink blending tool.  I also decided to play along with this week's sketch challenge at Splitcoaststampers.  I am in love with the nesting butterfly dies from Lifestyle Crafts!  I die cut a butterfly using white cardstock and then stamped a background stamp from Hero Arts in london fog ink from Memento.  I then stamped the sanded b/g stamp from SU, also in london fog ink.  Next I took my distress inks in tumbled glass, shabby shutters and a touch of antique linen and blended them onto the butterfly using the ink blending tool!  I love how easily they blend.  I spritzed some pealized water over the top and zapped it with my heat gun.  Unfortunately the photo doesn't capture the subtle shimmer.  The sentiment is from Technique Tuesday and was perfect for my card today!


 
Thanks for looking!
 
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment