Thursday, March 28, 2013

Poppies

Just popping on to share a card I made a couple of days ago using a new Kaisercraft poppy stamp set!  I love poppies!!  I embossed the image with black embossing powder, then used some distress inks to blend on some color.  I watercolored on some more barn door ink onto the poppies to give them a bit more depth.  I stamped my sentiment (don't look too closely, it is crooked, grrr!) and added the little black dots using black enamel accents.  I seem to be putting little enamel dots on everything right now, lol!  As a final touch, I sprayed the whole panel with some pearlized water.  It just gives it a little subtle shimmer, which I love!


I uploaded a close-up so you can hopefully see the shimmer.

I have today off, dinner is organized for this evening, the house is pretty clean, so I think I will spend the day in my craft room getting inky!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Dawn

black embossing powder, versamark, distress ink in mowed lawn, barn door, frayed burlap and broken china.
black enamel accents by ranger, perfect pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment